An Open Preserve Day to enjoy the McKenzie preserve in all its beauty!
In January Sierra Foothill Conservancy (SFC) joined forces with REI for the ‘All Out 2017’ event on the McKenzie Preserve. It was designed to help promote a lifestyle of getting outside.
The event was so well received that SFC wanted to recreate the experience at our Open Preserve Day with funding by REI!
There are various planned activities to participate in. Or you can explore on your own, have a picnic, enjoy the fresh, crisp air and take in the sights with family and friends. You may want to walk the lower Discovery Trail or hike to the Table Top and see the beautiful views overlooking the San Joaquin River and beyond.
Enjoy the pristine oak woodland habitat, seasonal creek, and unique cultural resources as you make your way to the historic SJ&E Railroad grade that meanders through the base of the preserve (see photo below). Happy Hiking!!
Preserve open from 9 AM to 4 PM. See below for the numerous planned activities, or bring your family and friends to explore on your own, have a picnic, enjoy the fresh, crisp air and take in the sights. You may want to walk the lower Discovery Trail hike or hike to the Table Top and see the beautiful views overlooking the San Joaquin River.
Don’t forget to bring your camera, lunch, snacks and water.
- 9:00 AM 5K Trail Run (Led by Chris Velez and Linda Hurst) (REGISTER HERE)
- 9:00 AM Table Top Hike (Led by Bill Dennison and Jim Kemp) (REGISTER HERE)
- 10:00 AM Discovery Trail Hike (Led by Judy Tucker and Katie Phillips) (REGISTER HERE)
- 10:00 AM Nature Journaling (Instructor: Christanne Roy) (REGISTER HERE)
- 11:00 AM Yoga Under the Oaks (Instructor: Linda Marie Hurst) (REGISTER HERE)
- 1:00 PM Birds of Prey Demonstration (Demonstrator: Cat Kroschell) (No Registration Needed!)
Photo by David Hunter
- Open to the general public.
- Dogs are not allowed on the preserve (with the exception of service dogs).
With Thanks to REI for this Grant Sponsored Event
MAP to the McKenzie